Attend the 2018 Catawba River NC Farm School!!
Realize the dream of your own farm!
Learn from the Extension Specialists and Successful Farm School Graduates!
- Marketing, budgeting, finance, risk management, and farm production training tailored to your goals
- One on one business consultations with NC State University Specialists
- Continued events and relationships to help you develop your business beyond 2018 NC Farm School
- Access to farming resources developed in our program exclusively for NCFS Students
- Relationships with extension agents in your county connecting you to valuable resources
Attend an Interest Meeting near you!
Make sure you RSVP at the location close to you. We will have a past graduate at the interest meeting who will present and have a group session for you to ask questions.
Lincoln County Extension Center, 115 W. Main St., Lincolnton, NC 28092
- November 27th, 2017, 6:00pm at the Lincoln County Extension Center, 115 W. Main St., Lincolnton, NC 28092
- November 28th, 2017, 6:00pm at the Gaston County Extension Center, 1303 Dallas-Cherryville Hwy, Dallas, NC 28034
Complete an Application
- Fill out an application by finding the school you can attend below and click the on the application link.
- Wait to hear from us, we will contact applicants the week they apply to let them know we have received the application. Invitations to join the program and make payment will be sent out in January 2018.
Lincoln County will be hosting the Catawba River NC Farm School in 2018. The NC Farm School program offers eight business-planning seminars taught by extension specialists, agents, and experienced farmers who completed our program. These sessions give students the tools to create viable farm business plans.
The school is easy to fit into a busy schedule by providing one class each month and each business session focuses on different areas of a business plan, including financial management and effective marketing strategies. The goal of NC Farm School is to allow a pathway of success for farmers to generate profitable businesses.
The program also includes field trips to working farms, many of which completed our program and operate successful farms. Participants learn economically sustainable farming methods in a range of production systems, including fruits, vegetables, specialty crops, poultry, animal husbandry, and agritourism.
One of the features of the NC Farm School is getting one on one time with NC State University specialists trained in agricultural business, marketing, production system evaluation, and business startup. These consultations are so valuable to help saving students’ time and money and getting their farm business up and running. In addition students will meet a local agent who can help them follow through with their plans, connect them to valuable resources, and make sure they have a sound production system in place.