EFNEP Pregnant Women & Teen Series
This class series will be focused on empowering pregnant women with the tools needed to provide healthy meals and to make healthy choices, reducing the risk of birth defects and low birth weight. Participating in these classes will also create a support group for the mother to ask questions and gain support.
This will be a series of 6 classes offered one hour a week Wednesday, beginning April 7, 2021, and ending on May 12, 2021. Each class will begin at 4 p.m. and end no later than 5 p.m. Classes will be held on Zoom. Registrants will be emailed the Zoom link 2 days before class. Please make sure you have Zoom downloaded on your desired device. Since EFNEP is a federally funded program there is no charge for the classes. However, all registrants are required to complete the pre-survey before the first class and are encouraged to attend all 6 classes. After you register the survey link will be emailed to you.
Participants learn to:
- Save money at the grocery store;
- Eat more meals at home;
- Prepare healthy and tasty meals for their families;
- Control portion sizes;
- Improve the diets of family members;
- Keep food safe, reducing waste and foodborne illness;
- Use leftovers;
- Eat Smart and Move More for a Healthy Pregnancy;
- Benefits of Breastfeeding;
- Development of Infant feeding skills; and
- Replace sugary beverages with healthy options.
Graduation: After completing the classes, you will receive:
- A certificate of completion from NC EFNEP, N.C. Cooperative Extension, NC State University, and N.C. A&T State University;
- A cookbook of quick and healthy recipes full of valuable tips to help you save money and prepare food safely; and
- Skills that help you feed your family better for less.