Extension Master Food Volunteer Program
Have a passion for food, nutrition, and wellness? Enjoy helping others?
If yes, then learn more about Gaston County’s new Extension Master Food Volunteer Program (EMFVP)!
Benefits to You
- Gain cooking and knife skills
- Receive nutrition and food safety training
- Participate in day trips to area food processing plants and research facilities
- Make connections to our local food system
- Meet new people who share your interest in food and nutrition – locally and statewide
- Be a part of N.C. Cooperative Extension’s food, nutrition, and wellness workshops in Gaston County
- Make a difference throughout your community
EMFVP Volunteer Opportunities
- Conduct cooking demos at farmers markets, churches, and other community locations
- Assist with home canning workshops
- Provide educational outreach at health fairs and community festivals
- Volunteer with Annual Somethin’ Pumpkin Cooking Contest & Fall Festival
- Assist with Extension youth-based nutrition and cooking workshops
- Help develop a local foods learning center
- 30-hrs educational training
- 30-hrs “shadowing” an agent
- 20-hrs volunteer service annually
- 10-hrs continuing education annually
Training and continuing education provided through the Extension Master Food Volunteer Program. Learning activities conducted by Extension’s registered dietitian, Linda J. Minges.
- Contact Extension agent, Linda J. Minges, for complete details to determine if this program is right for you: email@example.com or 704.922.2127.
- Complete application form: available online and by mail.
- Complete informal interview with an Extension agent to determine if this is the right program for you.
- Complete the EMFVP training (30-hrs). Program dates/times being scheduled for 2022 with input from participants. Workshop will be held at the Lucile Tatum Ctr., 959 Osceola St., Gastonia, NC.
Cost: $40 (valued over $1,000)