Gaston Co. Extension & Community Association (ECA)
ECA is a state volunteer organization supported by NC State Extension.
MISSION – To strengthen families through:
- Leadership development, volunteer opportunities, and education support
- Information from NC State University and North Carolina A&T University
ECA HELPS OUR COMMUNITY BY
- Supporting NC State Extension programs and community projects
- Providing educational scholarships
- Teaching craft classes (such as ceramics, crochet, knitting, paper crafting, quilting, and sewing)
BE PART OF ECA
Everyone is invited to attend our monthly meetings, as well as be a part of our special interest groups:
- Gaston Co. ECA Monthly Meeting – 1st Thurs. @ 10 a.m. during Jan., Feb., Mar., Oct, & Nov.; 1st Thurs. @ 6:30 p.m. during Apr., May, June, Aug., & Sept. (Please note no meetings are held during July and December)
- Creative Needlers – every Wed. 6-8 p.m.
- Happy Potters ECA – 2nd Mon. @ 9 a.m.
- Lucile Tatum ECA – four meetings to be announced (contact: Martha Spurrier)
- Martha Goebel ECA – 1st Tues.@ 10:00 a.m.
- Quiltmakers ECA – 3rd Thurs. @ 6:30 p.m.
- Scrappers Unlimited ECA – 3rd Sat. @ 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. & 2-6 p.m.
2020 STATE REFERENCE LINKS
- 2020 State ECA Yearbook
- 2020 State ECA Standing Rules
- 2020 State ECA Appendix
- 2020 State ECA General Information
- State ECA Annual Reporting Form
NOMINATION FORM FOR MEMBER/LEADER OF THE YEAR
Please nominate an ECA member worthy of recognition for their 2019 contributions to Gaston County. Nominations are due by February 2, 2020 – click here to access form.
2020 SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
ECA is now accepting applications for its annual scholarship program. Current high school seniors, adults, and currently enrolled college students are eligible to apply:
All documents must be received or postmarked no later than Thursday, April 2, 2020. Applications can be mailed, emailed, or dropped off as follows:
- MAIL: Lucile Tatum Extension Center, 959 Osceola St., Gastonia, NC 28054
- EMAIL: Pam Bryson, ECA Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DROP OFF: Lucile Tatum Extension Center located at 959 Osceola St., Gastonia, NC from 8:30–11:30 a.m. OR 1– 4:30 p.m. (M – F: Please note the building is closed daily from Noon–1 p.m.)
Pam Bryson, 704.865.3291
Lucile Tatum Center, 959 Osceola St., Gastonia, NC
Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (closed 12 – 1 p.m.) | Monday – Friday
Follow us on Facebook: @gastoneca