In lieu of our annual, in-person conference, N.C. Cooperative Extension – Forsyth and Chatham County Centers are hosting a …
Learn about seasonal pests to prepare for this time of year. Also, pesticide rotation is something preached across multiple …
Are you planting wheat this fall? Join us for part 1 of our “Wheat Production Series” on September 25, 2020, from …
There is a viral news story circulating about the “murder hornet,” the unfortunate moniker of the Asian Giant hornet, Vespa …
The Nursery Field Day features the latest ornamental plant production research from around the region. This year’s program includes …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
Gaston County Extension Volunteers
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- NC Pesticide Safety Education
List of Publications, Information, and News
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for Schools & Child Care Facilities
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- APHIS Pest Detection and Management Programs
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Pesticide Section
- NSF Center for Integrated Pest Management
- Pesticide Environmental Stewardship
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Pest Management
This factsheet discusses protoporphyrinogen oxidase (PPO)-inhibiting herbicide injury in soybean.
This factsheet discuses very-long-chain fatty acid synthesis-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses PS-II-inhibiting herbicide injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses HPPD and clomazine injury on soybean.
A table of efficacy rankings for preemergence herbicides labeled for use in nursery crops and/or …
Green fruitworm description, life cycle, damage, and control.
This factsheet describes the small hive beetle, its life cycle and how to prevent infestations …
The varroa mite (Varroa destructor) is the most serious pest of honey bee colonies worldwide. …